The Bellingham Bells have added multiple ten-day players to the 2016 roster. The ten-day player class consists of five pitchers, a catcher, three infielders and two outfielders.
“This is a group of quality players and we believe each one of them could make a big difference in our early season success,” said Bells pitching coach and recruiting coordinator Jim Clem. “We have had our eyes on these particular players for a while.”
Due to the varying academic schedules, players will arrive in Bellingham at different times in June. This causes some players to miss the early part of the season, requiring that the ten-day players fill out the roster in the early part of the season. The Bells retain the option to keep any of these players after their ten-day contracts expire.
“These ten-day players are extremely important to our team, regardless of whether or not they make the full-time roster,” Clem noted.
The ten-day players include:
- Liam Kent, LHP, George Fox University
- Josh Zavasubin, RHP, University Puget Sound
- Danny Torlai, RHP, Bellevue College
- Keenan Lum, LHP, Pierce College
- Colin Maier, RHP, University of Puget Sound
- Justin Polzin, Edmonds Community College
- Ben Welch, Pacific Lutheran University
- Mitchell Robinson, University of Portland
- Landon Packard, Pacific Lutheran University
- Landon Riker, Arizona Western College
- Shane Hanon, Edmonds Community College